Thursday, June 7, 2007

So I think I might be going to Mammoth Cave tomorrow...

I am a little nervous. In college my friends and I would always do crazy stuff. I loved it. One night we went out hiking with a big group looking for water falls and had no idea where we were going. It was an adventure. Of course it was always fun when you just get to college and are getting to know these cute boys that want to take you on this exciting adventure! We left, got lost, found the falls, got down to one flashlight but safely returned. We did this many more times and it was some of my best memories from college. The dumbest thing I have ever done in my life would be the day that I jumped off of a 50 foot cliff. My friend Monica and I were going to hold hands and jump off together. At the last moment one of the guys suggested that it would be safer if we did not hold hands. PRAISE GOD HE SAID THIS! We counted to 3 and ran and I went and she stayed. My feet hit the water flat footed and I thought I had broken them. It hurt so bad. My bathing suit was up to my shoulders but I was alive. I looked up and saw my friend Monica waving to me from the top. Could you imagine what would have happened if we were holding hands and I went for it and she stayed? There were huge rocks that you had to clear on your way down and I venture to say that I would not have cleared them. I honestly do not like to think about this moment of my life. Again I did this to impress the guy I was dating. Girls- If you are dating and you feel as if you need to impress someone and doing something like this would impress him then YOU DON'T NEED TO BE WITH HIM!!! Lesson learned.

Anyway all this to say that we did crazy stuff in college but one night they knocked on my door and asked me to go caving with a big group of people. I will be honest- I DO NOT like the dark (I still have a night light :) and I DO NOT like to be in small confined spaces. Plus again they had no idea where they were going!! I said no and stayed in my nice spacious room and went to bed while my friends across the hall went. They were not supposed to be gone long. I woke up and called her to see if she was back and she said that they had gotten lost and did not get home until like 5 that morning. She said that it was the most scared she had ever been and they did not know if they were going to get out. They were gone for like 7-8 hours. I think I would have been rocking back and forth and in my happy place if that were me.

Needless to say there is a strong possiblity that I will be going to Mammath Cave tomorrow with the kids. I have never been caving. Tonight I will be packing my survivor kit- matches, bottled water, cpr mask, flashlight, Bible, and whatever else I can think of. I am nervous. Surely it will be safe though right? I mean we wouldn't be taking kids if not. I just don't like the dark and I like my space. Anyway I am making sure my house is nice and clean before I leave. I love you all- wish me luck!!

3 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

At least if something happens to you your house will be clean!

ginger said...

ha ha ha... i think the part of mammoth cave you're going to with the kids has sidewalks. :)

Denise said...

This is a great posst thanks