Monday, June 25, 2007

Wife Swap

So tonight I watched Wife Swap. I will occasionally watch this show when there is nothing else on T.V. When you have 5 channels sometimes that is the best you can do. Tonight they had 2 very different families. One of them was ULTRA Conservative Christians and the other was Athiest "Free thinkers." I will be honest, I loved the free thinkers. This woman came into this ultra conservative home and loved on their kids. She was so positive and encouraged them to express themselves. "Big Mama" went into the free thinkers household and started preaching. Why Why Why do they always pick families that judge before they love. She had great intentions and wanted them to experience God but she went about it the wrong way. She tried to force God on them and then of course they lashed out against God. The Free thinking mom talked about growing up in a mormon household and she was told never to question anything but just believe. When one of the christian kids spoke up to ask a question he was immediately shot down. They had a question and answer time with their dad later on in the show- he said that he has never really let them ask questions. He learned a lot about his kids and found out that they did not have to be so insanely strict on them. They are great kids and just needed to be trusted a little. The teenage daughter, because of this show, was allowed to go on her first "group date." Oh gosh I went on so many stinkin group dates in college that the very sound of that phrase makes me cringe sometimes. I mean they were good, but oh gosh. Sorry, I digress.

I think one day I would like to sign up for this show. I would love to first of all have a family with different colors and races blended together and second love the heck out of the other family and see what happens. What if your whole goal was to go on the show and serve them and love them first? Honestly, the show probably would not get aired because they would think it would be boring. No casting out demons and waving my hands in the air screaming, "Glory, Hallelujah!!"


Anyway, off to do some major laundry. I will ponder upon my presence on Wife Swap. Hope everyone is having a wonderful night!

5 comments:

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maris said...

Whhhaattt! Tamera, yes I have seen the Oprah! Are we speaking from experience here?!?! Where are you hiding that thing??? Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard right now!

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ginger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Living to Love said...

It would be great if people like us could get on the show. Unfortunately, they are looking for the extreme people so the ratings will be higher and I am sure there are other agendas in there. I know what you mean though. I have spent a couple of times watching the show wishing the families would accept each other's difference and lovingly help them to experience their personal lives. Good post though!